This Week in Magic #8
What a week. I'm truly exhausted from this week. Between staying up late to be among the first to snag the latest tidbits about Jace, the Mind Sculptor, to my fruitless journey to Tampa in efforts to get that piece of Jace, to the general holiday festivities which can exhaust us all so much. I'm beat and ready for a vacation.
This week's spoiler craziness affected my ability to stay on top of my reading this week, as a result this is getting up a few hours late, and I did a bit more skim reading. This means there is a likelihood I have been slightly unfair to articles this week. If it didn't grab my attention, had long paragraphs and suffered from difficult reading then I most likely skipped (not always.) Since most sites will be shutting down for the holidays next week, 'This Week in Magic' will return in the first week of January!
Monday, Dec. 14th
- ManaNation.com - Ep. 94 - Worldwake Spoilers - I give an overview of the known facts from Worldwake.
Tuesday, Dec. 15th
- ManaNation.com - Progenitus Revisited (It Races Baneslayer) - Ben shares his latest changes to his Progenitus EDH Deck
- Wizards.com - 2010 Magic Online Championships - Wizards announces the details for the 2010 Magic Online Championships. Big prize pool and a number of events attached to it!
- Wizards.com - Steve Sadin - Can I Kick It - Sadin gives some very good advice, and something we all need to be aware of with Kickers and Multi-kick-ers in the format.
Wednesday, Dec. 16th
- ManaNation.com - Magic the Classroom - Rule of Nine Refined - Dan writes an excellent follow up to his first-ever ManaNation article, the Rule of Nine.
- Wizards.com - A Planeswalker’s Guide to Zendikar: Goblins - A very flavorful and enjoyable read. No strategy talk, just flavor and story.
- SCG - Removed From Game: Worlds Report Card - Rich Hagon is a swell guy and though I don't like many of his articles, I love these snippets about players you may not have heard about.
- ChannelFireball - Conley Woods - 2009 Words on 2009 - A well written year in review.
Thursday, Dec. 17th
- ManaNation.com - Card Advantage - Kelly Reid does an excellent overview of the top cards in Extended.
- Wizards.com - Flores' - 2009 Standard Roundup - Mike Flores gives a great run down of notable Standard decks from 2009. Well written as always.
- SCG - Flow of Ideas - Rekindling your Fire - An excellent discussion player burnout and how to keep going strong.
Friday, Dec. 18th
- ManaNation.com - JBoots Drafts Rath #1 - JBoots decided to take a break from Zendikar and draft the Rath cycle.
- Wrongwaygoback - Possible Mirrodin Cards in M11 and Zendikar Block - An interesting look at what cards could get reprinted.
Excellent Series of the Week: Gwafa's Bazaar's - Price of Extended
- Price of Extended: Thopter Foundry
- Price of Extended: Rubin Zoo
- Price of Extended: Hypergenesis
- Price of Extended: Bant
- Price of Extended: Dredge
Updates to the Blog List
About a month ago I posted the list of all the Magic sites I trawl in collecting 'This Week in Magic.' It's time for an update to that list. We have some new sites and a handful which I am going to stop following as they seem to have fallen into disuse. The new ones are a collection of both new sites, ones I'm just learning about, and ones I've been overlooking despite having known about them.
Death Row - Sites that I am checking but have fallen silent and will likely stop being read in the near future.
Executed - I will still check these sites, but extremely infrequently.
Happy Holidays everyone!