Brainstorm Brewery #98 – Research and Development
No need to pinch yourself—you're not dreaming. The very special guest for this episode is none other than Mr. Aaron Forsythe (@mtgaaron) himself. How can the gang cope with having a larger-than-life figure on their humble podcast? Will they manage to sneak in a Pick of the Week? What information can we glean about future sets, the future of Magic Online, and the upcoming Magic: The Gathering film? Is a third Un- set confirmed? Can they get Mr. Forsythe (as Jason insists that he insists on being called) to comment on the future of the Reserved List? There are quite a few lines to read between, but don't pretend you don't love to speculate. The typical format is abandoned this week in an episode that will have you sitting in your driveway to hear the end of. Join us for a very, very special Brainstorm Brewery.
You can subscribe to the show via the RSS feed for Brainstorm Brewery or on iTunes.
- The gang is joined by a very special guest: Wizards of the Coast R&D Director Aaron Forsythe (@mtgaaron).
- There’s no reader e-mail this week, ending the streak at one episode.
- How did Aaron Forsythe become involved in Magic: The Gathering?
- How does a typical day for Aaron go?
- Conversation leads to the marketability of Planeswalkers and the upcoming film.
- How committed is Wizards to the Reserved List?
- Modern Masters 2?
- Why hasn't the success of Duels of the Planeswalkers translated to Magic Online?
- The address is brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.