Full Screen Chat in Separate Window
Join us for further discussion in the Forums!
Registering your Nickname
1. Choose a user name or nick. This user name should consist only of the letters from A-Z, the ciphers from 0-9 (but not as first character) and certain symbols such as "_" and "-". It may have a maximum of 16 characters. Please note that some nicknames are used internally and cannot be used. Also, please stay family friendly with your nicknames
2. Change your user name to the user name you have chosen. Suppose you chose the nick "plumcake". Type the following in the window titled irc.mibbit.net:
3. Register your nick or user name. Type the following command and replace your_password with a password that will be easy to remember and replace email@example.com with your correct email address. Avoid hotmail.co.uk and Yahoo if you can, we get reports that Yahoo fails more often than not. Oddly enough, Yahoo managed email, such as ATT or SBCGlobal seem to work.
/msg nickserv register your_password firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Get the confirmation code from your email inbox. Type the following command and replace confirmation_code with the code sent to you in the email. It has the template shown below
/msg NickServ confirm confirmation_code
If you want your email address to remain private, use the following command:
/msg nickserv set hide email on
5. Register an alternate nickname using the same password. If you would like to register an alternate nickname, repeat the same procedure, using steps 2 to 4. Alternatively type /ns GROUP mainNick mainPass (see /ns help group)
6. Identify with Nickserv. Each time you connect, you should sign in, or "identify" yourself, using the following command:
/msg nickserv identify your_password ( or /identify your_password on some servers )